Annie Sue and Betty Folds at Walton's Mill, 1942

Annie Sue and Betty Folds are shown in front of the dam at Walton's Mill, outside of Godfrey. The girls were the daughters of George Burris Folds and wife Cleo, who lived in the two story house next to the grist mill. Mr. Folds operated the original mill from 1934 until it burned in 1938. He then constructed a new mill and operated it until the family moved to Social Circle in 1942. The girls are standing near the corner of the second mill, which still has scaffolding attached. The dam and bridge may be seen in the background. Photo courtesy of Clyde Folds.