This photo of the old Morgan County courthouse was taken from the tower of the current courthouse. This courthouse was the second of 3 courthouses constructed for Morgan County (the current courthouse is the third). The original courthouse burned in 1844 and this building replaced it in 1845. Courthouse activities were moved to the third courthouse upon its completion in 1906. This courthouse was used as office space until it burned in 1916. Photo courtesy of Morgan County Archives.