Waiting for the cotton gin in Madison
A photo of cotton wagons waiting in line for the cotton gin in Madison, around 1907. The cotton gin was located off of West Washington Street, approximately where Tequila Express is now located. This photo appears to have been taken from the bank of the railroad trestle, looking back toward downtown. The two houses on the left no longer exist; the area occupied by the houses in the photo is now the Town Park. Photo courtesy of Stratton Hicky.