Judge James Park at the ruins of Park's Mill
Judge James B. Park points to a part of the turbine machinery, next to an old mill stone, while visiting the ruins of the old Park's Mill. The stone foundation of the mill can be seen behind him. The photo was taken by photographer Jack Delano in May 1941. The Park family sold the property, including the house and mill, to Charles White in 1897. The mill ruins were flooded when Lake Oconee was created in 1979. Photo courtesy of The Library of Congress.